Compile flag to eliminate Jack library error
Achmad Fathoni
2018-08-18 09:34:14 UTC
I am still learning in portaudio in general, when I compile *paex_record.c*
from portaudio's example in Ubuntu 16.04 by this command:

*gcc paex_record.c -o paex_record -lasound -lrt -lportaudio*

and then execute the *paex_record*. The program was working fine but I got
errors:

*Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directoryCannot
connect to server request channeljack server is not running or cannot be
startedJackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for
4294967295, skipping unlockJackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init
not done for 4294967295, skipping unlock*

These error is not exist when I run *paex_record *that produced from
compiling *paex_record.c* by Makefile from built-in portaudo's souce code.
Can somebody help me? what do I miss?
Phil Burk
2018-08-19 22:04:30 UTC
Hello Achmad,

What kind of Linux machine are you using? Intel workstation, virtual
machine on Mac, Raspberry Pi, ...?

Did you install Jack?

Did you install ALSA?

The Linux implementation can support several native APIs, including OSS,
ALSA and Jack.
Support for these APIs is controlled using flags like: PA_USE_ALSA
When you run "./configure" it figures out what APIs are supported and sets
the appropriate flags and links in the appropriate libraries.

More info on building for Linux is here:
http://portaudio.com/docs/v19-doxydocs/compile_linux.html

Phil Burk