[Portaudio] Segfault in pa_win_wasapi.c when using latest Portaudio from git
Roland Winklmeier
2018-09-10 13:18:11 UTC
Hey Portaudio Devs,

I was accidentally updating my local portaudio build in parallel to some
other changes I made in my project. Out of a sudden, I got segfaults and
after building a debug version of Portaudio, I realized that the merge
requests for WASAPI have been submitted and cause a nullptr dereference in
pa_win_wasapi.c line 2465.

The reason is that I called Pa_IsFormatSupported() with an output
parameters setting hostApiSpecificStreamInfo to nullptr (which is allowed
according to the docs).
The mentioned line above is dereferencing this pointer without checking
whether its null.

Can some one fix this?

Thanks,
Roland